Andra Maria is a Romanian born Artist whose work is inspired by peoples’ behaviors, passions, and fears. Her work theme is a beautiful analysis of the human mind and unique perspective into psychology. Her creative process and technique is also inspired by a blend of high fashion and the underwater world. On the detailed figurative acrylic portraits, she is skillfully layering 3D objects like oyster shells or pearls to create a sculptural and visually enchanting effects that plays with transparency and the reflection of light. In every piece, she is unveiling different visions of the inner self.
Andra was born in 1989 in Romania and immigrated to the US in 2013. She attended Universitatea de Nord in Baia Mare, Romania where she received a Bachelor of Arts Degree with a concentration in Painting. Andra lives in Jersey City, NJ and works from her studio at Mana Contemporary in Jersey City, NJ.
- October 15, 2017 - solo - during Mana Contemporary open house, Jersey City, NJ
- December 1, 2017 -group- Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- December 15, 2017 -group- Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- March 2, 2018 -solo- Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- March 29, 2018 -group- Journal Squared private show, Jersey City NJ
- April 29, 2018 -solo- Mana Contemporary, Jersey City, NJ
- July 20, 2018 - Art Battle NY - Le Poisson Rouge, New York City, NY
- August 10, 2018 - Beyond The Wall Festival, Skatepark Mural, Baia Mare, Romania